Today, Stellantis unveiled the all-new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Available later this year, an electric hybrid 4xe option will be coming early next year. In addition, for a new Trailhawk trim level will also be available.
Some of the new technology and design changes of the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV include:
- Fifth generation of most awarded SUV ever brings an all-new architecture, new plug-in hybrid powertrain, all-new exterior design and all-new interior with world-class craftsmanship
- First electrified Grand Cherokee 4xe is unveiled alongside the ultimate off-road Grand Cherokee, the new Trailhawk
- Exceptional performance, comfort, capability and functionality bolster Grand Cherokee’s legacy as the most awarded and celebrated SUV
- Unrivaled capability along with composed on-road driving dynamics courtesy of three 4×4 systems – Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive II
- Class-exclusive Jeep Quadra-Lift™ air suspension, now with electronic semi-active damping, delivers up to class-leading 11.3 inches (28.7 cm) of ground clearance and 24 inches (61 cm) of water fording
- New class-exclusive sway-bar disconnect delivers improved articulation and traction over rocks and rough terrain
- Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe conquered the formidable Rubicon Trail under all-electric power
- Class-leading 7,200 lbs (3,265kg) max towing with the available 5.7-liter V-8 engine
- Uconnect 5 offers new technology for 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee, including a 10.1-inch (25.7 cm) display, five-times-faster operating speed (when compared to the previous generation) and over-the-air (OTA) updates
- Exclusive 10.25-inch (26 cm) front passenger interactive display and 10.1-inch (25.7 cm) rear seat entertainment displays with built-in Amazon Fire TV
- The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee will arrive in Jeep dealerships in North America in the fourth quarter of 2021. The Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe is scheduled to arrive in North America early in 2022 and in global markets later that year
Introduced back in 1992, the Grand Cherokee is the most awarded SUV ever and the all-new model is the most technologically advanced and 4×4-capable Grand Cherokee yet. For starters, a new sculpted aerodynamic body style improves vehicle performance, safety, and reliability. In addition, it reduces vehicle weight, noise, and vibration for an even smoother ride.
“The Jeep Grand Cherokee is our global flagship and will be leading the Jeep brand into a new era of premium refinement, innovative technology, advanced 4×4 capability and electrification. With a perfect balance of on-road dynamics, 4×4 capability and 4xe performance, the all-new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee is the most technologically advanced, luxurious and 4×4-capable Grand Cherokee ever.”Christian Meunier, Jeep Brand Chief Executive Officer
The 4xe PHEV technology enhances the fun, freedom, and adventure that the Jeep brand is known for, while providing unprecedented performance, fuel economy and environmental friendliness:
- Targeting an estimated 25 miles (40 km) of all-electric range and 57 MPGe
- 375 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque
- Quadra Trac II 4×4 system with two-speed transfer case and 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio
- 47.4:1 crawl ratio
- 6,000-lbs (2,720 kg) 4xe max towing capability
The 4xe system will be available in the Grand Cherokee Limited, Trailhawk, Overland, Summit, and Summit Reserve trim levels early next year. The 4xe propulsion system combines two electric motors, a 400-volt battery pack, 2.0-liter turbocharged, four-cylinder engine and TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission for maximum efficiency and capability.
With E Selec modes, the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe driver can tailor the hybrid powertrain to best suit each trip, whether it be commuting, off-roading or long-distance travel. These modes include:
- Hybrid: Blends torque from the electric motor and gas engine. The powertrain will optimize battery and engine power to deliver the best combination of fuel efficiency and performance
- Electric: Operates on zero-emission electric power only until the battery reaches the minimum charge or the driver requests more torque (such as wide-open throttle), which engages the engine
- eSave: Prioritizes the engine, saving the battery charge for later use. The driver can also choose between Battery Save and Battery Charge during eSave via the Hybrid Electric Pages in the Uconnect 5 monitor
Regardless of the mode selected, the Grand Cherokee 4xe operates as a hybrid once the battery nears its minimum state of charge.
You can read more in the Stellantis press release, stop by, or contact us at 587-760-1497 for more information on the upcoming re-imagined Jeep Grand Cherokee.
What do you think about the all-new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Be sure to stop by or give us a call and we’ll be sure to let you know once our inventory arrives here at Stony Plain Chrysler.