How to connect a phone to the Uconnect system
The Uconnect infotainment system offered on the vehicles in the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM lineups allows drivers and passengers to stay connected and entertained while on the roads. The ability to pair a smartphone or other device to this system is important for many owners. Uconnect offers connectivity via two of the most-popular systems: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. If you are looking to learn how to connect a phone to the Uconnect system via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, follow the steps below.
Connecting to Apple CarPlay Through Uconnect
Apple CarPlay allows iPhone users to connect their iPhone directly to the Uconnect system. An iPhone 5 or higher is required to use Apple CarPlay.
- Download the Apple CarPlay app to your iPhone.
- Connect the iPhone to the car via the factory-provided Lightning cable. Aftermarket cables may not work.
- The Apple CarPlay icon will now appear on the Uconnect display.
- Select the icon to view the available iPhone apps.
Connecting to Android Auto Through Uconnect
Android users can use Android Auto to connect to the Uconnect system. To use Android Auto, your phone must be running Android 5.0 or higher and include a data plan.
- Download the Android Auto app.
- Connect your phone to the Uconnect system via the USB input.
- The Android Auto icon will now appear on the Uconnect display.
- Select the icon to access the available Android apps.
Our team at Stony Plain Chrysler is ready to help you out with any questions regarding Apple CarPlay, Android Auto or the Uconnect system. Get in touch with us to learn more about the technology features available on the vehicles in the Chrysler, Jeep and RAM lineups.
More From Stony Plain!
What can you do with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?
CDJR Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality All the auto manufacturers, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and ...read more
Advantages of LED headlights in Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM models
Are LED headlights better than traditional headlights? If you are looking at cars in the Chrysler, ...read more
Chrysler Dodge Jeep and RAM Wi-Fi hotspot information
How does Uconnect 4G Wi-Fi hotspot work? Do you have a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM? ...read more
Infotainment technology in the Wrangler and Gladiator
Uconnect infotainment features of the Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator If you are excited to get a ...read more